- Vendaikai – 10 to 15 Nos
- Onion – 1
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoons
- Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad Dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
Wash and wipe the vendaikai with a paper towel. Cut it into small rounds. Chop the onion finely.
In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add urad dhal and fry till it turns light brown. Add asafotida powder and curry leaves along with chopped onion. Fry till the onion turns brown. Add vendaikai pieces and stir fry on low flame till its stickiness disappears. Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and stir well. Finally add coconut gratings and mix it. Keep it on low flame stirring now and then for three to five minutes.
Remove and serve with hot sambar sadam.
- Ladies Finger (Vendaikai) Stuffed
- Ladies Finger (Vendaikai) Masala Curry
- Ladies Finger (Vendaikai) Fry
- Ladies Finger (Vendaikai) Curry