- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Paruppu Podi – 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Gingelly Oil – 4 or 5 teaspoon
- Mustard – Half teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 2 Nos
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Pea Nut – 1 tablespoon
- Cashew Nuts – few
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Cook rice till soft (But not mushy). Put it in a plate or broad vessel and spread it. Sprinkle one or two teaspoon oil over it.
- In a kadai add the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When the mustard pops up add bengal gram dhal, cashew nuts and pea nuts, red chillies, and fry till the dhals turn light brown.
- Add curry leaves and turmeric powder. Stir the contents well. Now add cooked rice and sprinkle the Paruppu Podi and salt. Mix well and remove it.ace your list items here
Note: Paruppu (Dhal) Powder recipe available in Masala Powder Section. You can use the ready made Powder available in stores. It is an easy and ideal lunch box recipe and you can make it with left over cooked rice.
Tip: If you add a pinch of lemon salt, it will give the tangy sour taste to the rice.