- Yellow pumpkin – 1 big piece
- Tamarind – A big gooseberry size
- Jaggery powdered – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- For seasoning:
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – a pinch
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Remove the skin and seeds from the pumpkin. Cut into small pieces. Put it in thick bottomed vessel and add enough water to cover the vegetable. Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well and cook till the pumpkin is soft.
- Soak tamarind in little water and extract the juice. Add it to the cooked pumpkin along with jaggery powder. Stir well and again allow to cook till all blends well.
- Season it with mustard, asafoetisa and curry leaves.