- Vendaikai – 8 to 10 Nos
- Curd – 2 cups or as required
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Green chilli – 2
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chilli – 1
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Wash and wipe the vendaikai with a paper towel. Cut it into small rounds.
- In a flat tawa put one or two teaspoons of oil and spread the okra pieces. Allow to fry in one side. Then turn around the pieces and again allow to fry on other side also. Repeat this and let the okra pieces fry well. Remove and keep aside. You can also do it in Microwave oven.
- Grind coconut, cumin, ginger and green chillies to a fine paste. Beat the curd and add this paste along with a pinch of salt. Mix well.
- Add the fried okra pieces in the curd.
- In a small kadai put a teaspoon of oil and add mustard. When it pops up add red chilli, asafetida powder and curry leaves. Add this to the Curd and mix well.
- Can be served with any variety rice or with Chapati.