- Raw rice – 1 cup
- Green Gram (Pachai payaru) – ½ cup
- Bengal gram dhal – ½ cup
- Thuvar dhal – ½ cup
- Urad dhal – ½ cup
- Red chillies – 5 to 6
- Asafotida powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Keerai (any variety available) Chopped – 1 big bowl
- Coconut bits – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – as required
- Soak rice and all the dhals in water for 1 hour. Wash well and drain the water completely.
- Add chillies, asafetida, salt and grind it coarsely by adding very little water. Remove and add coconut bits and chopped keerai (Greens). Mix it well.
- Heat a tawa and grease it with little oil. Take a big orange size dough and put it on the tawa and gently spread it with your fingers. Pour a teaspoon of oil around it. Cook both sides till it become crisp.
- Serve hot with jaggery/butter or with any chutney.