- Tapioca grated – 2 cups
- Parboiled rice – ½ cup
- Raw Rice – ½ cup
- Thurvar dhal – ½ cup
- Red Chillies – 8 Nos
- Onion – 1 No
- Sombu (aniseeds) – 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Soak both the rice and dhal in water for about 6 hours.
- Wash and drain the excess water. Add tapioca gratings, red chillies, aniseeds and salt together and grind to a coarse paste.
- Chop the onion and curry leaves and add to the batter.
- Heat tava and grease with oil. Pour a big laddle of batter and spread round. Pour one teaspoon oil around the adai and cook on medium heat. Flip over and cook other side also.
- Serve with mild chutney.