Pepper Jeera Medhu Vadai
- Urad dhal – 1 cup
- Small Onion – 5 to 6 Nos
- Black pepper – 1 teaspoon
- Jeeragam – 1 teaspoon
- Fresh ginger – a small piece
- Salt – half teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for deepy frying
- Soak urad dhal in water for one to two hours. Wash well and grind to a soft paste along with salt and ginger. The dough should float on water. This is the right consistency.
- Crush pepper and jeera to a coarse powder. Chop onion finely. Add these to the dough and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take a lemon size ball and slightly flaten it and make a hole in the centre. Drop gently in the hot oil and deep fry till it becomes golden brown.