- Moong (Green Gram) – 1/2 cup
- Potato (Medium size) – 1
- Tomato (Medium size) – 1
- Oil/Butter – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped garlic – 1 teaspoon
- Chopped onion – 2 tablespoons
- Sale and pepper powder – as per taste
- Soak Moong (Green Gram) in water for 4 to 6 hours. Wash and drain the water. Put the soaked moong in a pressure cooker. Peel the potato skin and cut it into big pieces. Cut tomato also into big pieces. Add both potato and tomato to the moong. Add 2 to 3 cups of water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles.
- Once it cooled down, remove the lid and put the cooked ingredients in a mixie and make it to a fine paste.
- In a thick bottomed vessel add oil or butter. When it is hot add chopped garlic and fry till it become light brown. Add chopped onion and fry that too to a light brown. Add the moong paste along with required water to make it liquid. Bring to boil. When it starts boiling, remove from stove.
- Pour it into soup bowls and sprinkle required salt and pepper powder. Serve with corn chips or carrot slices.