- French Beans – 100 gms
- Coconut gratings – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Red Chillies – 2
- Cumin (Jeeragam) – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida powder – a pinch
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the beans into 2 inch long pieces.
- Grind coconut, red chillies and cumin to a coarse paste.
- In a kadai add the oil and when it is hot add mustard seeds. When the mustard seed pops up add asafoetida and curry leaves. Fry the contents for a while.
- Add beans pieces along with salt and mix well. Sprinkle a handful of water on the beans. Cover with a lid and cook till the vegetable is soft and all the water is absorbed.
- Add ground coconut paste and stir well and remove from stove.