- Gooseberry – 5 to 6
- Sugar – 5 tablespoon
- Dry ginger powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – a pinch
- Boil two cups of water in a vessel and add the whole gooseberries when the water is at boiling.
- Allow the gooseberries to cook for five minutes.
- Remove it from water and when it is cool, remove the seeds and cut it lengthwise.
- In a kadai or non stick pan, add the sugar and two tablespoon water. Allow the sugar to melt.
- Add gooseberry pieces and stir well. Cook on medium flame, stirring now and then, till the sugar caramelizes and coated well in the gooseberry pieces.
- Sprinkle dry ginger powder and mix well.
- Remove and cool it. This pickle can be eaten as it is or served with sambar or curd rice.