- Beans – 100 gms
- Green Gram Dhal – two tablespoons
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – half teaspoon
- Curry leaves few
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and cut the beans into small pieces. Cook green gram dhal with a pinch of turmeric powder till soft – not too soft 3/4th cooked.
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add curry leaves and green chillies slit into two and fry for a while. Add beans along with salt and sprinkle justone or two handful of water. Mix well. Close with lid. Cook on medium flame till the vegetable is soft and all the water is absorbed. Now add the cooked dhal, grated coconut and mix well.
- Tips:When you are adding the cooked dhal, take out in your hands and squeeze out the water completely and add to the vegetable. This will make the dhal slightly mashed and blend well with the vegetable.