- Beans – 100 gms
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Red Chillies – 2 Nos
- Urad Dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Jeera – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cut the beans into two and then slit it lengthwise into four.
- In a kadai put oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal, jeera, asafotida, red chillies broken into pieces along with curry leaves. Fry till the urad dhal turns into light brown. Add cut beans and sprinkle a handful of water. Stir well and cover with lid. Cook on low flame till the beans are soft. Add salt and coconut gratings and mix well. Keep it in the stove for few more minutes and remove.