- Vazhai Thandu (Banana Stem) – 4 inch length
- Green Chilies – 2 Nos
- Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Thick curd – 1 cup
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cut the stem into thin rounds and remove the excess thread. Then chop the round stems into small pieces and put it in water. Put the pieces in a idli plate and steam it for five to ten minutes. Or you can put the pieces in boiling water and cook it for five minutes.
- Chop the green chillies. Put the cooked banana stem in a bowl and add salt and green chillies. Beat the curd well and add it to the banana stems and mix well. Season it with mustard seeds. Garnish with coriander leaves.