- Khus Khus – 1 cup
- Milk – 2 cups
- Khoya or condensed milk – ¼ cup
- Dry coconut powder – ½ cup
- Sugar – 2 cups
- Ghee – 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew Nuts – 10 to 15 Nos
- Soak the poppy seeds in water overnight.
- Next day, wash well and remove the excess water. Put it in a mixie and grind to a soft paste by adding little milk now and then remove it.
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of ghee and fry the cashew nuts. Remove and keep aside.
- Same kadai add remaining ghee and heat it. When it is warm, add the poppy seeds paste and stir well. Stir continuously till the raw smell of the poppy seeds go away and it turns to light brown.
- Add milk and stir continuously till the paste absorbs all the milk and the paste is thick.
- Add khoya or condensed milk along with sugar and coconut powder. Stir continuously till it becomes thick and leaves sides of the kadai.
- Add cardamom powder and fried cashew nuts. Mix well and transfer it to a greased bowl.