- Semiya (Vermicelli) – 2 cups
- Lemon – 1
- Onion – 1 (optional)
- Carrot (Small size) – 1
- Beans – 4 to 5
- Green Chillies – 2
- Red Chillies – 2
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Turmeric Powder – 2 pinches
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Bengal Gram Dal – 2 teaspoons
- Urad Dal -= 2 teaspoons
- Pea Nut – 2 tablespoons (optional)
- Asafoetida – 2 pinches
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coriander Leaves – few
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Boil 6 cups of water along with a teaspoon of oil and salt. Add semiya (vermicelli) and cook till it is soft. Remove from stove and drain the excess water. Immediately add cold water and rinse well. Drain all the water completely and put the cooked semiya in a plate.
- Chop onion, carrot, beans and chillies into thin long strips.
- In a kadai add the oil and when it is hot add mustard seeds. When it pops up add bengal gram dal, urad dal, peanut, asafoetida and fry till the dals turn light brown.
- Add chopped onion, chillies, ginger and curry leaves. Fry for few seconds.
- Then add chopped carrot and beans. Fry for few more seconds.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and mix well. Now add the cooked semiya and mix it gently. When all blends well, switch off the stove.
- Add lemon juice and once again mix it gently.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve.
Also See: Tomato Semiya Curd Semiya