- Semiya (Vermicelli) – 2 cups
- Curd – 2 cup
- Bengal gram dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 2
- Greem chillies – 3
- Fresh ginger – a small pice
- Asafotida – a pinch
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Cucumber – one small piece
- Carrot grated – 1 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Boil 6 cups of water and add the semiya along with 1 tsp oil, and salt. After semiya is cooked , remove from flame, strain and run cold water through it. Keep aside.
- Chop curry leaves, coriander leaves, green chillies, and grate ginger.
- Cut cucumber to bite size pieces.
- Beat the curd and add cucumber pieces, chopped green chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves, grated ginger and salt.
- Then add cooked vermicelli. Mix well.
- Season it with mustard and asafotida.
- Garnish with grated carrot.
can we prep semiya upuma first and then add curd to it?
You can do that also. But for making upma we add more oil. But for curd semiya, if you cook it and add curd, not much oil is required.
Tried hands for the first time… taste was awesome and the preparation time is just 5 to thanks10 mins….thanks for the wonderful recipe
Thank you for your kind feedback.