- Black Ellu (Til seeds) – 4 tablespoons
- Coconut gratings – 3 tableslpoons
- Urad dhal – 1 tableslpoon
- Red Chillies – 6
- Tamarind – Big gooseberry size
- Garlic – 2 pearls
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Put the Ellu (Til Seeds) in a kadai and dry fry till it crackles. Remove. Same kadai put a teaspoon of oil and fry urad dhal till it turn light brown. Add red chillies, garlic pearls and tamarind and fry for few seconds. Finally add coconut gratings and fry for few more seconds. Switch off the stove.
- When it cooled down, put all the fried ingredients in a mixie along with salt and grind it. Add only one or two tableslpoon of water and grind it to a thick dough like consistency.
- This will go well with Lemon Rice/Coconut Rice. Can also be had with Idli/Dosa.