- Inji (Ginger) – 3 to 4 inch piece – 1
- Coriander Leaves – 1 bunch
- Green Chillies – 3 to 4
- Tamarind – a big gooseberry size
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash the ginger and scrap the skin. Cut it into small pieces.
- Wash well the coriander leaves and roughly chop it.
- In a small kadai put the oil and add ginger pieces. Fry till it become light brown.
- Add green chillies and fry for few seconds.
- Add tamarind and fry for few more seconds.
- Switch off the stove and add coriander leaves and stir it well.
- Add salt to the above fried items and grind it to a paste.
This chutney goes well with idli/dosa. You can spread this chutney over the dosa, place a tablespoon of potato masala and make it as “Malli Masala Dosa”. It can also be mixed with hot steamed rice along with a teaspoon of gingelly oil/ghee and served as “Malli Rice”. Or just serve it with curd rice.