- Green Gram Dal – ½ cup
- Red Chilli – 2 Nos
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Garlic flakes – 2 Nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Oil – teaspoon
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- In a kadai put the dal and dry fry till it become light brown. Remove.
- Same kadai put the oil and add chillies, asafotida and slightly fry. Add garlic, curry leaves, coconut and fry for one second. Remove and Cool it.
- Put all the fried items in a mixie jar, add salt and grind to a coarse paste adding little water.
This will go well with Rasam Sadam and vathal kuzhambu. You can also mix it with hot plain rice along with a teaspoon of ghee and have it with appalam/papadam
Nice alternative to tuvar dal!
This one looks and sounds delicious. I am definitely going to make it tomorrow.