- Mint (Pudina) – 1 cup
- Bengal Gram Dal – 1 tablespoon
- Urad dal – 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 3
- Tamarind – small gooseberry size
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of oil and fry red chillies, Bengal gram dal, urad dal, asafetida and tamarind till the dals become light brown.
- Finally add mint leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Cool it and grind it along with salt to a coarse paste.
- Season it with mustard and urad dal.
This chutney goes well with curd rice. Can also be served with idli/dosa.