- Green Peas – 1 cup
- Cashew Nuts – 5
- Curd – 2 tablespoons
- Red Chilli Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Garam Masala Powder – 2 pinches
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- To fry and grind:
- Big Onion – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic Cloves (Small size) – 2
- For Seasoning:
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Cumin Seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Chopped onion – 2 tablespoons
- Coriander Leaves chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Cook the green peas till soft.
- Soak cashew nuts in warm water for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Chop onion, tomato, ginger and garlic roughly.
- In a kadai put two teaspoons of oil. When it is hot add chopped onion and fry till it slightly changes its colour. Add ginger and garlic and fry for a while. Then add tomato and fry till it mashes well. Remove from stove and cool it.
- Put the fried items, soaked cashew nuts and curd in a mixie jar. Grind it to a fine paste.
- Put 1 tablespoon oil in a kadai and when it is hot add cumin.
- Add chopped onion and fry for few seconds.
- Add ground masala paste along with red chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add cooked peas and little water and make it semi liquid. Allow to boil.
- Remove and garnish with coriander leaves and tomato slices.
Goes well with Chapati/plain pulao.
Check here for Dry Peas Masala (Pattani Masala)