- Murungaikai (Drumstick) – 2 Nos
- Green Gram Dhal – ½ cup
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoons
- Jeera – ½ teaspoon
- Green Chilli – 1
- Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon heaped
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- 2 small onion chopped finely
- Curry leaves – few
- Cook green gram dhal in open vessel along with a pinch of turmeric powder and a teaspoon of oil till soft.
- Cut drumstick into 3 to 4″ long and put it in a vessel and add just enough water to cover the vegetable. Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and cook till the vegetables are soft. Add the cooked dhal. Allow to boil.
- Grind coconut, green chilli, rice flour and jeera to a fine paste. Wash the mixie and add that water also to the paste and make it liquid. Add this to the vegetable and mix well. Allow to boil.
- Season it with mustard, chopped onion and curry leaves.