- Beetroot (big size) – 1
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Asafoetida – A small gooseberry size
- Chilli powder – one teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Lemon juice – 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Wash and remove the skin from the beetroot. Cut it into small pieces. Sprinkle salt and mix well. Keep aside.
Put little oil in a kadai and fry asafetida and fenugreek seeds slightly. Allow them to cool and grind it to a powder. Add chilli powder with the above powder and mix well.
Heat oil in a kadai and add mustard. When it pops up, switch off the stove. Put the prepared powder in the oil. Add the beetroot pieces, lemon juice and mix well.
Store it in a clean jar. Goes well with curd rice.
Tips: Instead of lemon juice, you can add 1/4 cup vinegar also.