- French Beans – 10 to 15 Nos
- Tomato chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Garlic flakes – 2 (small size)
- Chilli flakes – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/4 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash the beans, remove both ends and cut it into 2″ long pieces. Put it in boiling water along with a pinch of salt and allow to boil for few seconds and turn off the stove. (Do not over cook – just blanch it). Then rinse under cold water and keep it aside. (This will help to retain the colour and texture).
- Chop the garlic flakes finely.
- In a kadai put the oil and add the chopped garlic flakes and fry for few seconds. Add two to three tablespoons of water and saute for few seconds or till the water is fully evaporated. Then add the blanched beans and stir fry for few more seconds. Then add tomato pieces and again fry till the tomato blends well with the beans. Finally add chilli flakes, salt and give a nice stir and remove.
- Can be served with rice or chapati. If the beans are in small size, you can just remove the ends and use it as a whole.
- Note: Instead of adding fresh tomato, you can use a tablespoon of tomato ketchup or tomato sauce or puree.