- Broad Beans – 10 to 15
- French Beans – 10 to 15
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Sambar Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Red chilli – 2
- Raw Rice – 2 teaspoons
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – half teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves few
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and cut the Broad Beans (avaraikai) and French beans into small pieces.
- In a small kadai, put rice and red chilli and dry fry till the rice turns slightly brown. Cool it and powder it.
- In another kadai put one teaspoon oil and when it is hot add half teaspoon mustard, asafotida powder, curry leaves and fry for a second. Put the vegetable now and add turmeric powder, sambar powder, salt and sprinkle water just to cover the vegetable. Mix well. Close with lid.
- Cook on medium flame till the vegetable is soft and all the water is absorbed. Now sprinkle the ground rice powder and stir it thoroughly. Finally add grated coconut and mix well.