- Seppankizhangu – 5 to 6 Nos
- Red Chilli Power – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Corn Flour – 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – for deep frying
- Curry leaves – few (for garnishing)
- Put the Colocasia in a pressure cooker and cook for one to two whistles. Cool it and peel the skin. Cut into 1/4″ thick rounds.
- Add red chilli power, asafoetida powder and salt. Mix it gently. Then sprinkle corn flour and mix it thoroughly. Then sprinkle a handful of water and once again mix it well.
- Heat oil in a kadai and put few pieces and fry on medium flame till it turn golden yellow. Fry the remaining pieces in batches. Finally put few curry leaves in the oil and remove it immediately. Put the fried cololasia pieces in a plate and garnish with the fried curry leaves.
- Goes well with sambar rice and especially with Rasam Rice.