Vendaikai CurryCourse: PoriyalCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
This recipe made with okra (vendaikai) is served with rice
Vendaikai (okra) – 10 or 15 Nos
Onion – 1 (medium size)
Tomato – 1
Sambar Powder – 1 teaspoon
Turmeric Powder – a pinch
Oil – 2 tablespoons
Mustard – ½ teaspoon
Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
Jeera – ½ teaspoon
Curry leaves – few
Salt – ½ teaspoon
- Cut the okra into one inch size rounds. Chop the onion and tomato finely.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot, add mustard. When it pops up, add jeera and urad dhal and fry till it turn light brown.
- Add chopped onion and curry leaves and fry till onion become transparent.
- Then add tomatos pieces and fry till the tomatos are mashed nicely.
- Add okra pieces and mix well. Keep the flame to medium. Fry the okra till its stickiness disappears.
- Now sprinkle sambar powder, turmeric and salt and mix well.
- Fry for some more time till everything blends well.