- Raw Rice – 1 cup
- Carrot gratings – 1 cup
- Puli Kaichal (Tamaring paste) or Instant Pulihora Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Oil – 2 tablespoons (preferably gingelly oil)
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Bengal gram dal – 2 teaspoons
- Red Chillies – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook rice till soft (But not mushy). Put it in a plate or broad vessel and spread it. Sprinkle one or two teaspoon oil over it and keep aside.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add Bengal gram dhal, red chillies, curry leaves and fry till the dals turn light brown. Add Puli Kaichal or Pulihora Mix (I used MTR Pulihora Mix) and stir well. Now add carrot gratings and fry for few seconds. Add cooked rice to this along with salt and mix thoroughly.
- Serve with grilled papad or chips.
- Note: You can also add chopped beans, green peas and other vegetables along with carrot and make vegetable Puliyodharai.