- Cooked Rice – 2 cups (enough to serve 2)
- Garlic flakes – 10 to 15 (small size)
- Red Chillies – 2
- Coriander seeds (Dhaniya) – 1 teaspoon
- Bengal Gran dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 to 2 tablespoons
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- In a small kadai put a teaspoon of oil and fry bengal gram dhal, urad dhal, coriander seeds, red chillies and finally add 4 to 5 garlic flakes and fry for few seconds and remove. Cool it and grind it to a fine powder.
- In a thick bottomed kadai put the oil and add the remaining garlic flakes and fry till it turn light brown. Remove and keep aside. Same oil put the mustard seeds and when it pops up add curry leaves. Reduce the heat to minimum and add the cooked rice along with the spice powder and salt. Mix everything gently for few seconds. Add the fried garlic flakes and remove.
- Serve with Cucumber Raita.
- Note: You can fry the garlic flakes in a teaspoon of ghee instead of oil. Instead of bengal gram and urad dhal, you can add “Pottu Kadalai” (chutney dhal) or “Pea Nut” and make the spice powder. In that case need not fry the dhal and Peanut.