- Rice – 1 cup
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Carrot cut into small pieces – 1 tablespoon
- Green Chillies – 2 Nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Garam Masala powder – a pinch
- Ghee – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Cashew Nuts – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Cook the rice till soft (not too soft).
In a Kadai put the ghee and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, reduce the heat and add cashew nuts, carrot pieces, green chillies chopped and curry leaves. Fry till the cashews turn into light brown. Add turmeric and garam masala and finely chopped coriander leaves. Stir well. Add cooked rice along with salt. Mix well keeping the flame to low. Once everything blended well, remove it.
It is a quick recipe and you can make it with left over rice.