- Karpooravalli Leaves – 5 to 6
- Green Chilli – 1
- Fresh Ginger – a small piece
- Black Pepper – 5 to 6
- Jeeragam (Cumin) – ¼ teaspoon
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Curd – 1 cup
- For seasoning:
- Oil – ½ teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafetida Powder – Two pinches
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
“Karpooravalli Leaves” also known as “Oma Valli Leaves” or “Mexican Mint” is very good for health.
- Put half teaspoon oil in a small kadai. Add pepper, cumin, green chilli and ginger. Fry for few seconds. Then add coconut gratings and fry for few more seconds. Switch off the stove and add Karpooravalli (Omavalli) leaves and stir well. Allow to cool and grind it to a paste.
- Beat the curd well and add the paste along with salt. Mix well.
- In a small kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add asafetida powder and urad dal and fry till the dal become light brown. Add this seasoning to the curd mixture and mix well.