- Maravalli Kilangu – 2 Nos Big size
- Urad dhal – ½ cup
- Sambar Onion – 10 to 15 Nos
- Red Chilli – 2 Nos
- Asafotida powder – a pinch
- Green Chilli – 2 Nos
- Curry Leaves – Few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak Urad dhal in water for two to three hours. Wash and remove the skin from tapioca. Grate it.
- Grind the urad dhal for five minutes first and then add the grated tapioca and grind to a fine paste.
- Chop the onion, chillies, curry leaves. Add to the paste along with salt and asafoetida powder.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Take a lemon size dough and flatten it. Make a hole in the middle and deep fry till it become golden brown.