- Beetroot – 2 (Medium size)
- Orange – 1
- Onion – 1 (Medium size)
- Garlic clove – 1
- Ginger – 1 small piece
- Red Chilli Powder – a small pinch
- Jaggery powdered – 2 tablesppon (Or honey)
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Salt and Pepper – as per taste
- Wash and peel the skin from beetroot and cut it into medium size pieces.
- Chop onion, garlic and ginger finely.
- Squeeze the orange and take out the juice. From the orange peel cut a small portion and chop it finely.
- Add enough water to cover the beetroot pieces and cook till soft.
- In a kadai put the oil and add chopped onion, garlic, ginger, chopped orange peel, red chilli powder, a pinch of salt and fry for few seconds. Then add cooked beetroot pieces along with the water and allow to boil for ten minutes on medium heat. Remove from stove and cool it. Then put it in a mixie and make a fine puree. Pour it in a bowl. Add orange juice, jaggery powder or honey, salt and pepper and mix well.
- Garnish with few chopped orange peel and serve chilled.