- Long Beans – 100 gm
- Green gram dhal – a handful
- Coconut gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Sambar powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Curry Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – half teaspoon
- Asafotida Powder – a pinch
- Curry leaves few
- Salt – ½ teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and cut the beans into small pieces.
- Cook green gram dhal with a pinch of turmeric till soft, but not mushy.
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add asafotida and curry leaves and fry for a while. Put the chopped beans now and add sambar powder, turmeric powder, salt and sprinkle water just to cover the vegetable. Mix well.
- Close with lid. Cook on medium flame till the vegetable is soft and all the water is absorbed. Now add the cooked dhal, grated coconut, curry powder and mix well and remove.
- Note: You can also cook both chopped beans and green gram dhal for one to two whistles in a pressure cooker. Then just season it with mustard, asafotida, curry leaves and add sambar podi, curry powder and coconut finally and mix it well.