- Beetroot (big size) – 1 No
- Milk – 1 cup
- Sugar -1/2 cup
- Ghee – 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Cardamom Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Nutmeg Powder – a pinch (optional)
- Cashew Nuts – 10 Nos
- Wash the beetroot and remove the skin. Grate it finely.
- In a kadai put one teaspoon ghee and fry the cashew nuts. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same kadai put one more teaspoon of ghee and fry the beetroot gratings till it is soft. Add milk and stir well. Keep the flame low and cook till the beetroot blends well and all the milk is absorbed. Add sugar and stir continuously till the sugar dissolves and the halwa is thick. Add remaining ghee and mix well. Now add cardamom powder and nutmeg powder along with fried cashew nuts.
- Mix well and transfer it to a greased bowl.