- Idiyappam – 1 big bowl
- Lemon – 1
- Red chilly or green chilli – 2
- Fresh ginger – small piece
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad Dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida – a pinch
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Cashew nut – few
- Gingelly Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – Half teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
This is similar to Lemon Rice. Instead of rice, we are making it with Idiyappam also known as “Sevai”.
- Gently take out the idiyappam strings and make it loose. For Idiyappam recipe check here.
- Chop chilli and ginger finely.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot, add mustard. When it pops up add bengal gram dhal, urad dhal, cashew nut, asafotida powder, chopped chilli, ginger and curry leaves and fry till the dhals turn light brown. Add turmeric and salt. Then add idiyappam and mix well. Switch off the stove and add lemon juice and mix it once again.