- Cucumber – 1
- Tomato – 1
- Onion – 1
- Coconut Gratings – 1/4 cup (Optional)
- Fresh Coriander Leaves – a small bunch
- Green Chillies – 3 to 4
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida powder – a pinch
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Peel the skin from cucumber and cut it into medium size pieces. Chop onion and tomato also into medium size pieces.
- In a kadai put a teaspoon of oil and add onion and fry for few seconds. Then add tomato pieces and fry for few more seconds. Then add cucumber pieces, green chillies and fry for another few seconds. Finally add coconut gratings and coriander leaves and mix well. Switch off the stove. Allow to cool.
- Put it in a mixie and grind it along with salt to a coarse paste.
- Remove and put it in a bowl.
- In a small kadai put one teaspoon oil and when it is hot add mustard seeds. When it starts pop up add urad dal and asafoetida powder. Pour this seasoning over the chutney and mix well.
Cocumber chutney is a very delicious salad and commonly used while taking meals . It is yummy in taste and easy to make. Keep sharing such recipes in future also so that everyone should learn to make vegan delicious recipes.
Thank you for your kind feed back.
mouth watering dishes.