- Green Apple – 1
- Fresh Ginger – 2 to 3″ piece
- Red Chillies – 4 to 5
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Urad Dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Asafotida – Pea size
- Tamarind – Gooseberry size
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 teaspoons
- Peel the skin from the apple and cut it into small pieces. Also peel the ginger and cut it into small pieces.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add bengal gram, asafotida, urad dhal and fry till it turns golden brown. Then add tamarind and fry for few seconds. Add ginger pieces and fry for few more seconds. Now add red chillies and fry for a second and finally add apple pieces and fry for few more seconds.
- Remove and cool it. Add salt and grind it to a coarse paste. No need to add water. Goes well with curd rice.
- Tip: You can add little water while grinding and make this as chutney also.