- Greem Gram (Pachai Payaru) – 1 cup
- Coriander Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Green Chillies – 2 Nos
- Oil – 1 teapoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
Soak the green gram over night or at least 6 hours. Wash well and add two cups of water and pressure cook it for one to two whistles.
Slit the green chillies lengthwise.
In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add green chillies and fry for a while. Add cooked green gram (with the water in which it is cooked) along with turmeric powder, coriander powder, pepper powder and salt. Stir well. Close with lid and cook in medium flame for one to two minutes.