- Ridge Gourd (Peerkankai) – 2 to 3 Nos
- Green Gram Dhal – 1/2 cup
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Green Chillies – 2 to 3
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- For seasoning:
- Oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Jeeragam (Cumin) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Remove the skin from the Ridge Gourd and cut it into small cubes.
- Wash green gram dhal (Payatham paruppu) and put it in a pressure cooker. Add ridge gourd pieces, green chillies slit into two and a pinch of turmeric powder. Add sufficient water to cover the vegetables and pressure cook for two whistles.
- Open the cooker after few minutes. Add salt and mash it.
- Season it with mustard, cumin and curry leaves.
- Serve with hot rice.