- Tomato – 2 Nos
- Onion – 2 Nos
- Ginger – a small piece
- Garlic – 4 flakes
- Green Chillies – 2
- Red Chilli Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Cumin (Jeeragam) Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeeragam (Cumin) – 1/2 teaspoon
- Mint Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Chop tomato, onion, garlic and ginger finely.
- In a kadai add oil and when it is hot add mustard and jeera. When it starts crackling add chopped onion, green chilli, garlic, ginger and fry for few minutes. Then add tomato and fry till it mashes well. Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add little water and stir well. Close with a lid and allow to boil.
- Cook till the gravy is thick.
- Garmish with Mint leaves.
This tomato onion curry goes well with Chapati and Adai.