- Cabbage – 1 medium size piece
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 tablespoon
- Coconut gratings – 2 tablespoons
- Jeera – 1 teaspoon
- Red Chillies – 3 Nos
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard – ½ teaspoon
- Onion – chopped one tablespoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Chop cabbage finely. Soak the bengal gram dhal in water for about half and hour and cook till soft.
- Put the cabbage in a vessel and add little water and salt and cook well.
- Grind coconut, jeera and red chillies into a fine paste. Add this paste to the cooked cabbage along with cooked bengal gram dhal. Mix well. Allow to cook for three to five minutes in medium flame.
- Season it with mustard, chopped onion and curry leaves.