- White Til seeds – 1/2 cup
- Black Til Seeds – 1/2 cup
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1/4 cup
- Asafotida – a small piece
- Red Chillies – 10 to 12 Nos
- Salt – 2 teaspoons or as per taste
- Heat up a kadai and dry roast the til seeds (also known as sesame seeds or Ellu in Tamil) without adding oil. Remove it. In the same kadai put a teaspoon of oil and roast Bengal gram dhal, red chillies and asafetida. Cool it and powder it along with fried til seeds and salt. Store it in an air tight container.
- This Podi can be used for preparing Ellu Sadam (Til Rice) and also taken with Idli/Dosa.