- Capsicum (Medium size) – 3 Nos
- Onion chopped – 2 tablespoons
- Tomato chopped – 1 tablespoon
- Besan ( Kadalai Maavu) – 2 tablespoons
- Red chili powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinches
- Asafoetida powder – 2 pinches
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Wash and wipe the capsicums. Cut it into 1/2 inch size round slices. Remove seeds and inner parts. Sprinkle little salt on the slices and gently rub it and keep aside.
- Put besan in a bowl. Add red chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt. Mix well. Add little water and make a smooth batter, like Bhajji batter. Add chopped onion and tomato. Mix well.
- Heat a tawa. Sprinkle a teaspoon of oil. Place the capsicum round slices on the tawa. Pour one or two teaspoons of besan batter in each slices or till the slices are filled with the batter.
- Pour one or two teaspoons of oil around the capsicum slices and cook on medium flame for few seconds. Turn the slices and cook the other side also till it turns nice golden brown.
Can be served as a side dish for sambar/ rasam rice.