- Capsicum (Big size) – 1
- Big onion – 1/2
- Red chilli powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Jeera powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper Powder – 1/4 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Oil – 2 to 3 teaspoons
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Jeera – 1/4 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and cut the capsicum into small size pieces. Chop onion finely.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal and jeera and fry till dhal is light brown. Add chopped onion and fry till it become transparent. Add capsicum and fry for few seconds. Then add red chilli powder, coriander powder, peeper and jeera powder, turmeric and salt. Mix thoroughly. Stir it now and then and keep it on medium flame till the capsicum is cooked soft.
- Goes well with Chapati.