- Ladies Finger (Okra) – 100 gm
- Onion – 1
- Garlic flakes – 5 to 6
- Peanut – 1/2 cup
- Sambar Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mustard – 1/2 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Wash and wipe the okra and cut it into small rounds.
- Chop Onion finely. Chop garlic flakes lengthwise.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add urad dhal and peanut. Fry till the urad dhal turns light brown. Then add garlic flakes and fry for few seconds. Add chopped onion and coriander leaves and fry for few more seconds. Add the okra pieces and mix it well. Close with a lid and cook on low flame stiring now and then till the okra is cooked well. Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and mix it well. Allow to fry till it become dry and crisp.