This recipe can be also prepared in “Air Fryer” with just a teaspoon of oil. Check here for the Recipe.
Also try these vendaikai (Ladies Finger/Okra) recipes:
- Vendaikai Poriyal
- Vendaikai Stuffed
- Ladies Finger (Vendaikai) Masala Curry
- Ladies Finger (Vendaikai) Curry
Vendaikai FryCourse: PoriyalCuisine: IndianDifficulty: Easy
A lunch recipe made with vendaikai (Okra/Ladies finger)
Vendaikai – 10 or 15
Besan flour – 2 tablespoon
Rice flour – 1 teaspoon
Chilli powder – ½ teaspoon
Turmeric powder – a pinch
Jeera Powder – ½ teasppon
Salt – ½ teaspoon
Oil – for deep frying
- Cut the okra into two pieces. Cut each piece lengthwise into four. Cut all the okra like this.
- Add all these pieces into a broad bowl.
- Sprinkle besan, rice flour, chilli powder, turmeric, jeera powder and salt. Gently mix it. No need to add any water. The stickiness in the okra will bind the flours.
- Heat oil in a tawa. Take out a handful of okra and drop it in the oil loosely.
- Gently separate it in the oil. Fry till it become golden brown.