- Cooked Rice – 1 bowl (Enough to serve 2 people)
- Double Beans – 1 cup
- Onion – 1
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
To fry and grind:
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Red chilli – 3 or 4 (depending on the size)
- Coriander Seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Khus Khus – 1 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – small black pepper size (or powder – a pinch)
- For seasoning:
- Oil – 1 tablespoon
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Curry Leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Ghee – 1 teaspoon (optional)
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook the double beans till soft and keep aside.
- Chop onion finely.
- In a small kadai put the khus khus and dry fry for few seconds. Then put few drops of oil and fry asafoetida, bengal gram dhal, urad dhal, coriander seeds and red chillies. Cool it and grind it along with fried khus khus and a pinch of salt to a fine powder.
- Now in a kadai put the oil. When it is hot add mustard. When it pops up add chopped onion and curry leaves and fry till it become transparent. Add cooked double beans along with a pinch of salt, turmeric powder and the ground powder. Mix well. Finally add cooked rice and salt. Mix everything well. Before removing, if yu wish, add a teaspoon of ghee and remove.
- Serve with chips/raita.