- Raw Rice – 2 cups
- Lemon – 2
- Red chilly or green chilli – 4
- Bengal gram dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Asafotida – ¼ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Cashew nut – 1 tablespoon
- Gingelly Oil – 4 or 5 tablespoon
- Mustard – Half teaspoon
- Curry leaves – few
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook rice till soft (But not mushy). Put it in a plate or broad vessel and spread it. Sprinkle one or two teaspoon oil over it.
- Take out juice from the lemons.
- In a kadai pour the oil and when it is hot add mustard. When it pops up, add Bengal gram dhal, urad dhal, and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add cashew nuts, chillies, asafetida powder and curry leaves and fry for a while.
- Add turmeric powder and salt and stir well.
- Keep the stove in low heat and add the cooked rice and gently mix it.
- Finally add lemon juice and mix it once again and remove.
You can also add ground nuts, a small piece of fresh ginger chopped while seasoning. Instead of nuts, you can add few green peas cooked and a small carrot cut into small pieces.