- Rice – 1 cup
- Black Pepper – 1 tablespoon
- Ghee – 2 tablespoon
- Oil – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Gratings – 1 tablespoon
- Bengal Gram Dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- Cashew Nuts – 10 Nos
- Salt – 1 teaspoon or as per taste
- Cook rice till soft. (Not to be mushy).
- In a kadai put one teaspoon oil and fry bengal gram dhal and urad dhall till light brown. Remove it. Same kadai add the coconut gratings and fry for a while. Remove and cool it. Add coconut and fried dhals together and grind to a fine powder. Crush pepper coarsely.
- In another kadai pour the ghee and when it is hot add cashew nuts and fry well. Add pepper powder and just fry for a second. Add cooked rice along with ground dhal and coconut power and salt. Mix everything gently on low flame.
- Serve with papad.